How a vision becomes a collaborative
GoGirlfriend, a niche-focused community blog, was conceived in 2007 by Julia Rosien. She saw GG as a way to make a splash in the blossoming world of social media – reaching out to bloggers and early social media adapters before the site even launched.
Since its inception in 2007, GG has been all about SEO best practices with social media as its only traffic driver – no ads have ever been bought. An accredited news source to Google, GG articles and stories are often picked up and sited by other news sources after appearing on the front page of Google News.
GG suffered numerous setbacks and lay dormant for a long period during 2008 and into 2009. No content was added, emails went unanswered and social networking was completely dropped. But in late 2009, Julia obtained ownership of the site and started over again.
On average, GoGirlfriend enjoys 10,000 visitors and 19,000 page views per month. The site is updated once a week, so many visitors arrive via organic search to older posts. Because of spam bots attacking the site, we’ve tightened commenting restrictions. Sharing on facebook and twitter remains strong, as does inbound linking.
Our future plans including growing our communities on Twitter and Facebook and updating the content more often. As well, we hope to begin a sponsored post program – ask me about it! (link to contact us)
GoGirlfriend Website Stats
- Twitter grade of 100/100 (hubspot)
- Website grade of 99/100 (hubspot) (compared to girlsgetaway.com – 74)
- Traffic rank – top 2.19% of competitor’s websites
- Alexa ranking of 681,721 (compared to girlsgetaway.com – 1,268,640)
- Google indexed pages – 500
- Inbound links – 3, 672
- Google Page rank of 4
Read through other Manufacturer Case Studies:
- Case Study #1 ~Pillows for Troops
- Case Study #2 ~Facebook Campaigns
- Case Study #3 ~Blogger Networks
- Manufacturer Case Study Overview
Review the Case Study details from GoGirlfriend:
- Case Study #1 ~ Tourist Kidnappings on the Rise in Mexico
- Case Study #2 ~ 5 Nudist Resorts that will Blow Your Mind
- Case Study #3 ~ Amazon Kindle vs Sony eReader